"Through The Canvas Peace Project artists learn about what women in South Sudan have endured for decades. The hope is that through the power of art we can educate the public about the ongoing conflicts in the region and provide opportunity for many of these women."
- Cynthia Davis, Artist
Canvas Peace Project Exhibits
February 27, 2015
Soon to be announced
April , 2015
WOMEN'S ISSUES IN SOUTH SUDAN
Women in South Sudan have faced double oppression - as Southerners, they have faced violence from the North, and they are struggling for equality within their own community as Southerners.
- By Jen Marlowe, for the Pulitzer Center
- Sudan: 3 Peacekeepers Killed by Gunmen in Darfur October 17, 2014Three peacekeepers serving in the joint United Nations-African Union force in the Darfur region have been killed in an attack by gunmen, officials said. […]
- Central Bank Details Somber State of Europe’s Banking System October 14, 2014There are fewer lenders in the eurozone now, but the sector still suffers the effects of the financial crisis, a European Central Bank report said. […]
- BNP Paribas, After Scandal, Says Chairman Will Resign September 28, 2014Baudouin Prot is leaving in the wake of the institution’s guilty plea and fines in the United States for dealing with blacklisted countries. […]
- Thousands of Migrants Forced to Leave Israel, Rights Group Says September 10, 2014Human Rights Watch said the immigrants, primarily from Sudan and Eritrea, had been obliged to return home even though they were at risk of imprisonment or persecution. […]
- Attacks on Aid Workers Jump Worldwide, Group Says August 19, 2014The sharp rise over the past year and a half reflects a surge in conflict zones. […]